Ria on this side. Today I have brought cards made with some inking techniques which I found much interesting to play with.
Technique 1 : Bleaching the Ink
I will try my best to describe the process step by step :
- Take a card stock, cut it into a shape as per your choice, I did with a slanting line.
- Blend distress inks. To create a depth, blend a darker color on the edges.
- Let the CS dry naturally in open air or heat it with your tool *I did on a gas stove*
- Stamp an image with the darker distress ink that you use for creating depth, and emboss it with clear embossing powder. Here, I have used Lotus delight stamp.
- Take a pinch of bleaching powder in a bowl full of water and run the water with a brush on to the images only.
- Wait for sometime, the bleach will react and will fade the area. It can even make the image completely white.
- Finish it off with some glitter and sentiments. Here I have taken help of glitter cones and alpha banner stamp set.
- Select darker colors for the cardstock so that the bleaching technique will give a contrasting image.
- Select smaller images that has an outline only.
- Be careful with the bleach.
- Do not let the paper soak too much of bleach water as it will eventually make it super white that I guess you would not want to.
This is another color on which I have tried the same design.
Technique 2 : Ink Lifting
- Blend some dark and bright colors on to a card panel.
- Stamp some solid designs, I have used the same image set but the solid one here.
- Emboss it with clear embossing powder.
- Spray water on the CS and wipe it off. This will give a light image on the left out area.
- Finish it off with some embellishments and ribbons as it is needed.
I hope you have liked the projects. For any query, feel free to ask.
Till then, with lots of love