Hello crafty friends, Martha Lucia here to share with you a few card inspirations in different styles using different techniques and elements. The first card that I want to show you uses our Challenge theme. If you don't remember what it is, you can refresh your memory HERE. Take a look at my card:
Creating this was very easy and quick:
1. Cut the card base using Melon Mambo card stock. The size is 4-1/4"x11" with score in 5-1/2". Round the corners with corner punch.
2. Using one of the Dual Stitched Rounded Rectangles, cut the second layer using a decorated or designer paper. Paste this layer directly over the card base.
3. Using the small oval from the Dual Stitched Oval Collection cut an oval using Very Vanilla card stock.
4. Stamp over the oval the sentiment included on the stamp set Humming Blossom using Versafine Onix.
5. Paste the oval over the decorated base using dimensionals or zapdots.
6. Sponge a separate piece of Very Vanilla card stock using three or four different colors of the distress ink. In my model I used three colors: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Mermaid Lagoon.
7. Stamp the image of the big bird included on the stamp set Humming Blossom using Versafine Onix and then heat emboss it with clear embossing powder.
8. Fussy cut the bird image with scissors and paste partially over the oval and the decorated base.
My second card is very different from the first. In this second model I used three different stamp sets. Take a look at my card:
This was very easy to make too, and if you have any tool like a Misti or Stamping Press, the process will be quick.
1. Cut the base of the card using Whisper White card stock. The size is 4-1/4"x11" with score in 5-1/2".
2. Using one of the images from the stamp set It's Plaid Time stamp two or three lines at the upper and lower part of the card base. You can use any color of ink. In my sample I used Basic Gray.
3. Rotate your card 90 degrees and use the same color of ink, stamp the same image across the whole surface keeping the same distance between the images.
4. Cut a layer of card stock of 4-1/4"x3-3/4" using a color of card stock that coordinates with your design.
5. Cut a third layer of card stock whisper white of 4-1/4"x3-1/2" and stamp the dual flower image from the stamp set Flower in a Jar and the sentiment from the stamp set Friends Forever using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink over this piece.
6. Color the flowers using markers and paste the layers over the card base.
7. Finalize the decoration by tying a double loop of color trimming.
The third card is a Clean and Simple model. In this one, I used the stamp set Magical Fairies and the Dual Stitched Oval Dies. Take a look at my card:
The base of this card is Basic Black card stock and I combined it with Whisper White card stock and a piece of decorated paper.
1. Cut the base card. The size is 4-1/4"x11" with score in 5-1/2"
2. Cut the second layer out of decorated paper. The size is 4-1/8"x2-3/4" and paste it directly over the card base.
3. Cut a third layer in whisper white card stock. The size is 4-1/8"x5-3/8".
4. Put the white layer partially inside of the one of the Dual Stitched Oval Dies to create the lower border. Leave enough space to stamp your images and pass it through the big shot.
5. Stamp one of the fairies included on the stamp set Magical Fairies using Versamark and then heat emboss it with white embossing powder.
6. Sponge around the fairy using two different colors of ink. In my sample I used Brushing Bride and Pool Party.
7. Stamp one of the messages included on the same stamp set using Versafine Onix and then heat emboss it with clear embossing powder.
8. Finalize the decoration by adding some dots with Black Crystal Dots on the lower part.
I hope my projects inspired you. These are three different styles of cards using stamping techniques like emboss resist, double stamping and blending with distress ink. In addition, you can see how to use the die cuts in a normal way and alter the original designs. You only need to let your imagination fly and fall in love with your stamps to create what you love.
These are the products that I used for your inspiration:
See you soon!