Friday, October 21, 2016

Thank you cards, sending happy mail with Swapna

Hi.. Crafty friends...

Here I am with my second DT post. To be frank I really struggled and liked the process of these 3 cards. At the end I am pretty happy with my cards.

I hope you are playing along with our October challenge which is a recipe. Please do read Guidelines carefully before linking your project.

Card #1
** First card is inspiration for our october challenge.
** I masked the card base (1"around the card base), placed the stencil diagonally on the base and secured with masking tape.
** I mixed candid apple distress ink with texture paste, applied it through stencil. Left it dry on its own.
** Die cut the scalloped frame (bigger) with same CS, few vellum fern flourishes and one white fern flourish.
** I double heat embossed the CS fern flourish with gold embossing powder to give it dimension. Die cut few Thank you, adhered them together and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
** To assemble the card, I foam mounted the frame on card base around the stencilled area. I put silver embroidery floss on top of which glued ferns. Added the sentiment.


Here is a close up of die cut embellishments, just love this texture of white embossing powder.


Card #2

** This was real fun to make. I just kept die cutting stitched bubble die.
** Used distress inks in blue range to blend over them.
** I stamped the image towards bottom and coloured with Staedler water colour pencils.
** Stamped sentiment with black ink.
** Used stitched rectangle die to die cut these panels.
** I glued these panels with liquid glue leaving little space in between.


Here is a closer look of die cut 


Card #3

** This is water colour card. I stamped the flourish image with versa mark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
** Used zig markers to colour flowers and leaves.
** Die cut the panel and foam mounted it on a grey CS.
** For sentiment, I die cut 2 times with grey CS and once with water colour paper.
** I used Zig marker to add shade to the die cut sentiment.
** Added few sequins.


Closer look of die cut sentiment




Supplies






  


Thank you for your love..
Suggestions are always welcome..

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and I loved the design on all of them !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creations, love them Swapna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amzing cards Swapna...love your style..
    Love
    Richa
    apaper-palette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards dear Swapna! ^__^ I love how you used the bubble die! <3

    ReplyDelete