My first card is one of my favorites this month because I used watercolor paper and distress ink to create the background and, when I use these two products, the result is always different. I love the color combination on this.
Creating this was very simple:
- Cut the base using Very Vanilla card stock. The size is 4-1/4"x11" with score in 5-1/2"
- Cut a second layer in watercolor paper. The size is 4-1/8"x5-3/8"
- Watercolor the right side using distress in four different colors. I used Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron and Blueprint Sketch.
- Cut two butterflies using the new Heart Butterfly die cut. Don't forget to recycle the hearts to use in other project!
- Stamp the sentiment from the stamp set Doodle Butterfly using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Paste the butterflies using glue dots.
- Paste the decorated layer using a hard snail adhesive.
Creating this was easy and simple too:
- Cut the base of the card using Very Vanilla card stock. The size is 4-1/2"x11".
- Cut a second layer using Very Vanilla card stock. The size is 4-1/4"5-1/2.
- Take the stencil Abstract Triangle Stencil and secure it over the second layer. Apply three different colors of ink over the open areas using a brush or sponge. I used a clarity brush and the colors of ink Soft Suede, Tangelo Twist and Bermuda Bay of Classic Ink. If you want you can play with the position of your stencil.
- Take one of the die cuts of the Dual Stitched Fishtail Banner Collection and cut it over the stenciled layer.
- Place the second layer temporarily over the card base and stamp the sentiment inside the die cut space. I used a message from the stamp set Happy Birthday to All with VersaFine and Clear Embossing Powder that I melted with the heat tool.
- Stamp the complimentary message over the second layer using the same ink and embossing.
- Paste the second permanently over the card base.
- Finalize the decoration by adding two tiny bows in natural twine.
Making this was a great time because I love this stamp set. It is called Feathers and, let me tell you that it is simply amazing and their messages are perfect!
- Cut the base using Sahara Sand card stock. The size is 4-1/4"x11" with score in 5-1/2"
- Cut the second layer using Whisper White card stock. The size is 4"x5-1/4".
- Stamp the feathers in three different colors of ink. From the bottom to top I used Pool Party, Sahara Sand and Peach Parfait Classic Ink.
- Stamp the sentiment using Sahara Sand Classic Ink.
- Add some enamel dots from the Pastel Collection.
- Paste the decorated layer over the card base.
Hope you submitte your entry to our October challenge . If not, do it soon, there are only a few days left to win the Gift voucher.
Thank you for stopping by and see you soon with something special and new because, for me, new release is new inspiration!