Hello Dear Crafty Friends!
I have 5 Clean & Simple Cards to share today :)
I've used many beautiful products from PABD's new release, which can be checked out HERE.
To start with, I wanted to introduce the concept of CAS or Clean & Simple.
If you are totally new to cardmaking, it is essentially a style of cardmaking wherein,
the emphasis is on the following guidelines:
-Maintaining a lot of white space. White Space is the area on the card which is left alone. It need not be white in color, just uncluttered.
- Minimal or no layers
-One focal point/element
- Minimal Embellishments
-Easy to re-create once the design has been thought of
Following are 5 examples of CAS cards.
1. CAS Floral Card: Hello
1. For this card, the scalloped rectangle frame & hello were die cut in grey using the Scalloped Rectangle Die & the Hello Die. The Stitched rectangle was die cut in white using the Scalloped Rectangle die.
2. The pretty flower was stamped in grey using Watering Can Archival Ink & the Floral Fantasy Stamp. The flower was colored with Prisma Color pencils.
3. The card was assembled by adhering the scalloped rectangle frame to the card base, then foam mounting the rectangle die cut & adhering the hello die cut.
4. In the end, Nuvo Jewel drops were added as an embellishment.
2. CAS One Layer Card: Books
1. For this OLC, the cute image was stamped directly on the cardbase using the Bookworm Stamp & Shadow Grey Archival Ink.
2. The sentiment is also from the Bookworm stamp and it was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
3. Shadows were added using cool greys from the Prisma Color Pencils line.
4. Finally, the card was embellished with a few Nuvo Crystal Drops.
3. CAS Card: Congrats!
1. The hexagon die cut was created using the Dual Stitched Hexagon Die.
2. The baby dress was stamped using the Little Story Stamp & the sentiment is from the Madhubani Stamp
3. The background was created using Washi Tapes- Lovey Dovey, Classy Glassy & Blue Blossom.
4. To assemble the card, the heart was colored with a red Zig marker, the hexagon die cut was foam mounted on the card base & half pearls were added as an embellishment.
4. CAS Card: Friends
1. The stitched rectangle die cut was created using the Scalloped Rectangle Die & Canson Watercolor paper.
2. The Chloe die was used to create the black silhouette die cut.
3. Ink smooshing was done on the background (to create a loose organic look) using zig markers, a piece of acetate & a water spray bottle.
4. The black die cut was adhered to the panel & the sentiment was stamped with versafine onyx black ink using the With Love Daisy Stamp.
5. To assemble the card, the stitched rectangle panel was foam mounted on the cardbase.
5. CAS One Layer Card: Get Well Soon
1. The cute critter was stamped directly on the cardbase using the Vet Me stamp & Versafine onyx black ink.
2. The hearts were stamped from the Little Wonder Stamp.
3. Light coloring was done & shadows were added with Prisma color pencils
PABD Supplies Used:
That’s all for today :)
In case, you'd like to see more of my projects using the beautiful PABD supplies,
Remember, all the PABD supplies can be bought from the online store here.
Hope you have a pleasant week ahead.
Thanks a lot for your precious time :)
Beautiful CAS cards Preeti. Love the use of washi tapes!ReplyDelete
thanks a ton :) I'm so happy you liked themDelete
thank you so much :)Delete
Those all are gorgeous !!ReplyDelete
thanks a ton :)Delete
All cards are so pretty and elegant!!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much :) xoxoDelete
All are so pretty and focusing the focal point so well! Love them!ReplyDelete
Thanks a ton dear :) glad you liked them.Delete