Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Crafting Techniques with Vinita


Hello to all Peek-a-boo Designs fan!
Vinita here!

Wishing You all a very Happy, healthy and Prosperous New Year 2018  with more crafty fun!

Today I am showcasing some simple and an elegant CAS style cards using the pearlized watercolor technique.

Card 1


I used Veined daisy stamp set and embossed them in metallic gold. On my craft mat, I mixed silver Perfect pearl in a water. I wet the area with loose water in the floral image and colored using Distress inks mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch, cracked pistachio, lucky clover, seedless preserve, wited violet  mixing with pearlized water. See the shimmer clearly in this pic.


 The frames were cut with double stitched rounded rectangles as I showed how to place them.



Then I popped up the inner and outer frames using dimensional pads.



The sentiment is also embossed in metallic gold rich pale from the same stamp set on a flag banner. And in the end, I added some gold splatters and sequins.

Card 2 and 3

Using the same pearlized watercoloring technique on these cards I showcasing how to use both negative and positive space to watercolor the image.




I started with using a stitched ticket die panel. I masked the floral image from Sunshine stamp set and heat embossed the image using my Misti with gold glitter embossing powder.
I decided to create a fun soft ombre blending colors BG using picked raspberry, fired brick, candied apple distress inks mixed with pearl shimmer water. I blended the color from the bottom up and faded out to white cardstock in between and highlighted the image with very soft light pink. See the shimmer clearly below in this pic:



On my white card base, I created a washi tape panel stripes with satin red ribbon and added different border panel for more dimension and interest. And adhered the focal panel on it. In the end, added a red bow with a pearl.

On another card, using the same stamp set I created my BG panel with different distress inks salty oceans, mermaid lagoon, mowed lawn and the lucky clover for frosty and cold effect.



But on this, I highlighted only the floral image with pearl shimmer. Added the sentiment and heat embossed in Metallic gold rich pale and just text from Pretty Roses stamp set in mermaid lagoon. For the embellishments added some water dew drops and shimmery gorgeous white ribbon.

Card 4


For this card, I die cut a heart-shaped balloon die multiple times and used them as my own background on a rounded stitched rectangle panel.



Now I blended some distress inks seedless preserves, vilted violet, blueprint sketch, fossilized amber, carved pumpkin, fired brick, twisted citron, lucky clover, salty ocean, mermaid lagoon and added some water splatters.



Then die cut a stitched border circle in white. Stamped the sentiment from Pretty Roses stamp set and heat embossed it in Bright Opaque white. Die cut Hello sentiment in white. Now created a stack of heart balloon dies once again.


 On the top, applied glossy accent on it and mixed it with alcohol ink purple twilight. After drying covered it with Dimensional magic and some hologram sequins. So cool!



 Love the dimension!
Adhered them to my focal panel! The dimensional balloon really popped up and changed the whole look of this finished card. Added the sentiment, heat embossed in Opaque bright white. Finished it off with some sequins.

Here is the inside view:
The sentiments are from Happy stamp set.



 PABD Supply list

Veined Daisy
veined daisy

Sunshine
sunshine

Pretty Roses
Pretty Roses

Happy Sentiment
happy sentiment

Dual Stitched Rectangle die
Dual Stitched Rounded Rectangle

Stitched Ticket 
Stitched Ticket

 Balloon Mania
Balloon Mania

Dual Stitched Circle die
Dual Circle

Hello
Hello

Blossomed
Blossomed

Hoping you inspired with these fun-filled creations and techniques!

Would love to see what you create now and don't forget to participate in our ongoing Challenge 15 "Anything Goes". All the details are here.


Have a great day!

6 comments: